Thursday 23 April 2020

Artists/Musicians who could've done/should do a Bond theme (Week 1)

I'm going to stick to six today, one for each of the Bonds who did multiple films and one for the prospective next Bond. Leave any recommendations in the comments! 

Sean Connery era: 
The Animals. I find their cover of Screaming' Jay Hawkins' 'I Put a Spell on You' to have some Bond-esque vibes.

Roger Moore era:
Laura Branigan. Apparently she was highly sought after to do one for 'Octopussy'. She would have been a great choice for any Bond though to be fair - what a talent.

Timothy Dalton era: 
Blondie. Likewise, they'd sent in a theme for 'For Your Eyes Only' but frankly their style suits the style of Dalton's Bond films better.

Pierce Brosnan era:
Pulp - 'This is Hardcore' (a recommendation by my friend Josh Payne, and I have to say I heartily agree with him).

Daniel Craig era:  
Portishead - 'Glory Box' (likewise, Mr Payne's idea and one I thoroughly endorse as well).

Next Bond era: 
Alex Turner and Arctic Monkeys, or The Last Shadow Puppets, have been hugely popular among music fans and I have to say looking at Turner's recent work, in particular this one, I think he'd be a fantastic choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment